Sometimes the solution is as easy as a replacing a dead battery, cleaning a sensor, or moving a trash can out of the way (really it happens). If you’re convinced it’s an easy fix, there are hundreds of YouTube videos and online references that can make a quick solution even quicker.
If you’re ever unsure, it’s always a good idea to give us a call. A professional opinion can sometimes mean the difference in a small problem becoming an expensive disaster – That’s why we offer FREE estimates, so you always know what to expect.
- If your car is trapped in your garage and you need emergency service. Give us a call now at (512) 335-7441. When giving us a call in general – the more detail you provide, the better we can identify the issue and send our technicians out with the right equipment to help serve you best.
- If your hardware is visibly damaged (broken springs, off of rollers, disconnected from opener) please avoid trying to fix it yourself. It’s always better to let us handle those issues.
- If you’re having issues opening and closing the door, the problem might be your sensors (photo eyes). They determine whether anything is blocking the door and whether it can be allowed to be closed. If these are off, your garage door may have trouble opening or closing fully. It might also make opening/closing inconsistent.
- Photo eyes are located at the bottom of your door on the tracks.
- Ensure that both are in line, facing one another.
- Dirty photo eye lenses may trick the sensors into thinking the door is shut when it is not – try cleaning them with a damp cloth.
- If your door is not responding to your remote, the batteries may need to be changed. We sell these batteries in house, or they can be found at any hardware store. Otherwise, the remote may need to be reprogrammed. There are a variety of YouTube videos and online references on the subject – Liftmaster has thorough documentation on remedying non-responsive remotes.
- Just like remotes, if your keypad is not working, it may need to be reprogrammed. There are a variety of online references for this. You can also give us a call; providing us with the model is beneficial.
- Lost remote? We carry all kinds of garage door remotes in our Cedar Park office that you can purchase for yourself. A technician can also bring one by and help you setup at your home. Every opener we sell comes with a single remote, and at the time of installation of an opener, additional remotes are offered at a reduced price.
If noise continues or comes from your opener, it may be that a part is lose and rattling. Also, older openers tend to be louder. We have a variety of openers that are designed to be as quiet and least-intrusive as possible. Check out our openers page if you think it’s time for an opener update!
Need A Repair Or New Install?
Get Options and Pricing Today With Our Same-Day Appointment