Residential Spring Repair
Same day service, quality parts and labor but for less than others.
Get your broken spring fixed now. Click here to call.
- Same day service
- FREE Price Estimates
- Lifetime Warranties
- Locally Owned and Operated
- 24/7 Emergency Service for no extra charge
A broken spring often times means that it is extremely difficult to get in and out of your garage until it is fixed. If your spring breaks or you can’t get your door up for another reason to get out of your garage, give us a call here and we’ll get out to you ASAP.
How Fast, How Much?
We can always get out and fix a spring the same day that you call in, even if you call in after hours. For emergencies (like a car trapped in the garage) we can get out to you typically within just a few hours. We are always willing to work with you on the time of arrival, and will always let you know when we’re headed your way.
As for cost, we recommend getting a technician out to take a look, diagnose the issue, and provide a free estimate. That way, we know exactly what parts you need and the final price that you will have to pay. Generally, residential spring repairs range around $90 – $150 per spring and about $125 for labor. The range in cost depends on the type of spring required for your door (wood doors and other heavier doors require more heavy duty springs for example).
We have at least a 3 year parts and labor warranty on all spring work. If anything goes wrong with the springs in that time, then we will come back and fix it for free. Typically, our springs usually last between about 5-15 years (depending on the amount of use).
But for our customers looking for the most durable, long-lasting options, we offer custom made, lifetime warranty springs.
Why Choose CPOD?
- Our warranties, quality of parts, professional technicians, and trusted face-to-face interaction with our customers are unmatched by other national chains and inexperienced handyman cooperatives.
- We are local in every way, family & veteran owned and operated, and give back to our community. We are the largest corporate Sponsor to Texas Humane Heroes, a No Kill shelter in Leander, Texas and have helped the organization adopt and save over 3000 dogs last year.
- We carry a wide variety of products, from various vendors and manufacturers and never try to pigeon hole our customers into a solution that fits what we want to sell rather than what they want for their home.
- We pay taxes here. All of our sales taxes go back into our community.
What Springs Do Y’all Carry?
Our technicians carry the most common residential springs with them on their trucks. Once we identify the correct spring for your door, we simply swap it out and tune the door to ensure everything is working as intended. If we do not have the right spring on the truck we can make the right spring and get it back to you, usually on the same day.
Why Did My Spring Break?
Often times customers call in reporting a loud “bang” or “snap” in their garage and then find that their door is not opening. If this is the case, a broken spring is most likely the culprit.
There are a couple of reasons why springs can break. If they are the wrong size for the doors they can break soon after their installation, because they are being overstressed. Also quick changes in temperature seem to cause springs to break. If it’s a warm Texas day and a cold front rolls through, we seem to get a lot of spring calls shortly thereafter. We believe because of the thermal shock to the metal. This may not be 100% accurate, but we have experienced anecdotal evidence in our over 30 years of operation.
In all cases, eventually metal fatigue will cause the springs to break. How frequently you use your garage door will determine how long the springs will last – the more the door is used, the shorter the lifespan.