JackShaft Garage Openers
Model 8500 Residential JackShaft Opener
Wall Mount Design: The Simple Beauty of an Open Space
This type of Operator is located on the wall of the garage beside the door. It is used in applications where the customer does not want to have an opener hanging from the roof in the middle of the garage. It is a very clean installation with some very special features. While it is slightly more expensive that a trolley or Rail operator is provides some big advantages. Only LiftMaster makes a Jackshaft operator that we recommend for residential applications. This unit has security locks, Safety eyes, battery backup, and now internet connectivity options.
This Garage door opener is the preferred solution when you need to “High Lift” your door in a residential or light commercial application. It has integrated remote logic, cable tension sensing, and photo safety sensor functions built in. It can handle doors up to 14 ft. tall. It has a locking solenoid to hold the door closed for extra security. It has proven to be a very reliable operator over the last five years. We strongly recommend this motor when a trolley type operator will not work. We stock these and can typically install it today. Call us at 512-335-7441.
LiftMaster 8500 JackShaft Install by Cedar Park Overhead Doors 512-335-7441
Today’s garages go far beyond a place to merely park your car. If you want the extra storage space up above, have an over-sized garage door, or even a cathedral ceiling, the LiftMaster® Elite Series® Model 8500 Wall Mount Garage Door Opener is the perfectly engineered solution to fit your specific garage door opener requirements.
It mounts easily on the wall beside the garage door, and comes with a remote 200-watt light that can be positioned anywhere in the garage.
The optional Battery Backup – that continues to operate your opener even when the power goes out – makes it even more convenient. The opener is also equipped with built-in MyQ® technology, enabling you to close your garage door or turn lights on or off using a smartphone or computer – from anywhere in the world.
- Security+ 2.0™safeguards your household – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector activates the garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in so no more fumbling in the dark.
- The Protector System® has safety sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.
- Power Lock Deadbolt ensures the door cannot be forced open.
8500 Jackshaft Installed High Lift Door installed by Cedar Park Overhead Doors 512–335-7441
Note: A 115 VAC duplex outlet should be located on the wall of the garage on the side the operator will be installed. Many garages will require a new duplex outlet. Call us for details. 512-335-7441.
- Lifetime motor warranty
- 5-year parts warranty
- 3 year Labor Warranty
- 1-year Battery Backup warranty (optional; 475LM)
To reduce the risk of injury to persons – When the LiftMaster® Internet Gateway is used with garage door openers, the operator must be installed with sectional doors.